The Writing to Get Things Done® (WGTD) Toolkit combines the business writing expertise from the BERRY Writing Group with the instructional design of Vado’s courses.
Writing to Get Things Done® Toolkit will improve productivity by teaching how to use writing as a powerful tool for getting things done. Students will improve their on-the-job writing skills—writing clear, easy-to-read emails, letters, memorandums, meeting minutes, procedures, trip reports, and technical reports.
Who will benefit from this Toolkit
This Toolkit is for everyone who needs to meet important deadlines and keep projects on target, including professionals and leaders such as lawyers, engineers, analysts, managers and leaders.
The WGTD® Toolkit helps learners know how to:
- Clarify thoughts before writing.
- Separate the readers’ needs from the writer’s needs.
- Use the inverted-pyramid principle of organization.
- Use a listing paragraph format to highlight key ideas.
- Use the language of getting things done vs. business speak.
- Develop a professional tone that encourages cooperation.
- Use our three models of organization for all business writing/emails.
- Write technical information to non-technical people.
The courses in this toolkit include:
- Effective Business Communications - Know and use the three components of effective business communication
- Separating Readers’ and Writers’ Needs - Be able to separate the readers’ needs from the writer’s needs
- Identifying Ineffective Writing Styles - Identify ineffective writing styles
- Using the Reporting Process - Use the reporting process when creating written communications
- Selecting the Best Writing Model - Know how to select and use the best writing model for presenting your thoughts and ideas
- Write Effective Opening Paragraphs - Be able to write an effective opening paragraph
- Effective Middle and Closing Paragraphs - Write an effective middle and closing paragraph
- Forecasting Subject Lines - Be able to write a concise and effective forecasting subject line
- Most Common Business Writing Model - Know how to use the writing model required for about 80% of your writing
- Writing Model for Reports and Documents - Use the writing model required for long documents, such as reports and manuals
- Writing Style and Tone - Know how to use an effective writing style and tone
- Effective Emails - Assess the quality of your emails